Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Independence!

Barbados gained independence on November 30, 1966. Just last week, we celebrated our 50th anniversary. Even for an ex-pat like me, it was a momentous occasion. My Dad was a cadet on the first Independence Day parade and returned as the 2nd in command of a special detachment for the parade this year. I pretty much spent the whole week busting with pride.

But, of course, I got to thinking about being independent. As a person. About making big changes. And taking big leaps of faith. I've decided to start my own business and with all the obstacles to being a foreigner and starting a business in Japan, I spend a lot of time wondering if I'm crazy...

What am I talking about? I AM crazy. This is established.

Oh, well. Hang on to your hats, folks. The wild ride has just begun.

No comments: