SCBWI Tokyo hosted Mary Kole, Literary Agent with Andrea Brown Literary Agency and the force behind kidlit.com. It was an incredible day all around. I had a blast, and I learned a thing or two as well. Here's a quick look at some of the things that came up- some were reminders and some brand new.
1. Social media really does make a difference.
2. Half the time, you already know the answer to the question.
3. Maybe the UK is a better fit for an international writer.
4. You're the one picking the agent, and not vice versa.
5. Agents are real people, too.
I hope to be able to recap these in depth in the coming weeks.
It's Monday and that's what's on my mind. (That and the fact that I had an amazing time at a reggae event with actual Jamaican DJs last night, and got in to my house at 5 am. Two Sundays in a row my bed was a stranger. I'll have to fix that this weekend.)
Nominate JUST FRIENDS for publication!
1 week ago