Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Feed Your Passions!

"Take your passion, make it happen!" Irene Cara, What a Feeling from FlashDance.

I got this idea from one fo the fantastic blogger friends I've made. She related a story about a tv show, where the host claimed food tasted better if cooked with passion. And then she correlated it to her weightloss efforts. Maybe she'd lose more, if she did it with passion.

I think there couldn't have beena better time for me to hear this. After all, it is February, the month of Valentine's, a day loved and dreaded worldwide. It's the month of love, and what is love if not passion? And I don't just mean romatic love. If one of your "platonic love" friends or family get themselves in some sort of trouble, you'd find out how passionate other types of love can be in a hurry.

We often forget, when Valentine's Day rolls around (and every other day of the year) about certain types of love. There's a love hierarchy when it comes to the spotlight. The one we see most highlighted is Romantic Love, then the type of love you feel for your friends and the type you feel your family are duking it out for second. But we forget one type of love.

This year, for the month of February, love yourself! Things that you want to do, but don't have time for or things you think are frivolous pursuits or things you've always dreamt of doing, do them this month!

For me, that means working on my writing, and on getting in to a writing MFA. And also working on my foreign language and translation skills in French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese. I'm feeding my passions this month, and I challenge you to do the same!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm glad some of my ramblings strike a cord with people. I'm sure we're both going to have a great passion filled February.