Sunday, March 28, 2010

Inkwell and Freaky Flash Fiction

Hey guys,

I've just joined a new writers' community: http://inkwell.ning.com

It's not just new to me, but new, as in recently created. It's specifically meant to cater to new writers, and if you've been looking for somewhere to meet other writers in the same situation, feel free to check it out. If you do join, hit up the Introductions group and let us know who you are.

Now, the second item on the agenda. I was just trying to clean up my hard drive a little and I opened a file called "Paradise Fiction". It's supposed to be a novel intro, but I can't remember what the novel's about. Either way, it makes a nice 85 word flash fiction. Enjoy!

Yeah, I killed her. I took her life her life quick and precise with a single slash of the throat. Then I took my time to carve her into 48 separate pieces. And, yeah, I wrapped them separately and deposited one in each state on the continental US. I wasn’t crazy. I wasn’t in the passion of the moment. I planned every ounce of it. Except getting caught. And if I had the chance I’d do it again. I’m not a monster. Not yet, anyway.

3 comments:

sarahjayne smythe said...

Thanks for the link. And I love the flash fic. :)

Amy Holder said...

Cool new community!

Wow - your flash fiction is super scary... You really know how to intrigue (and scare) the reader in just 85 words - bravo! I want to know what happens next.

Melissa Dean said...

I love this piece!