Thursday, September 2, 2010

INSANITY!!! Day 4!

Let me apologise for being 8 hours late. Blogger is having a hissy fit about scheduled posts, so I'm putting these up manually, which usually means when I get to work. It still remains open until 11.59 pm EST tomorrow.

Firstly, a big congrats to the winner of Day 2!

Kelly M. Olsen

Shoot me your address at muchlanguage(at)gmail(dot)com.

Secondly, y'all remember Kiersten? I gave her debut book away on Day 1. Well, she just got a film option! You can head on over and offer her your congratulations.

On to Day 4!

Today, we're giving away Denise Jaden's debut novel, LOSING FAITH.


Her recommended book is: THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE by Jandy Nelson.


Aside: I really must read this book, seeing as it's the second time I'm giving it away. lol.

You can find Denise on her website or over at the new collab website, The Contemps.

Today, you don't have to be a follower to win. As always, the contest is open until 11.59 pm EST on Thursday night.

To win today, answer this question:

What's your favourite recent YA contemporary novel?

(Recent = last ten years, YA= Young Adult, Contemporary = every day life, no superheros, no fantasy, non-historical, no vampires, etc...)

If, you're not big on YA, just fave recent contemporary novel will do.

Good luck everybody!

13 comments:

Shari Green said...

My fave recent contemp YA is definitely THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE -- amazing book! :)

Violet said...

My favorite recent contemporary YA is Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. Such a great book! :)

Judit said...

I haven't read many contemporary YA books but I loved Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. It's one of my favourite books ever! :)

judittten at gmail dot com

Aleeza said...

unfortunately i havent had a chance to read that many contemp's lately, so the last one i read would probably have to be The Body of Christopher Creed by Carol Plum-Ucci.
both Losing Faith and The Sky is Everywhere sound like great reads!

Georgia said...

Oooh, I recently read Tell Me a Secret by Holly Cupala and LOVED it. I have too many favorites to list, but that is my favorite that I have read most recently.

georgia dot cranston at gmail dot com

Tabitha Michelle said...

Definitely SEA, by Heidi R. Kling!

~The Book Pixie said...

I have two most recent favorite YA contemporary novels. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver and Seth Baumgartner's Love Manifesto by Eric Luper! Awesome giveaway, been longing to read both these books! :D

~Briana
thebookpixie[at]yahoo[dot]com

Kris said...

Hmmm...That's a hard one. I've actually read a few contemp YA's that I've really enjoyed.

Forget You by Jennifer Echols
This Side Of Normal by Eric Devine

Those are two that really stood out for me.

ksg_amg(at)yahoo.com

Thanks for the awesome giveaway. :)

Spav said...

Anything by Simone Elkeles is worth mentioning, but I think the best one was If I Stay by Gayle Forman.

spav05(at)gmail(dot)com

Lexie said...

I don't read a whole lot of contemporary YA titles, though I'm really enjoying "I Now Pronounce You Someone Else" by Erin McCahan!

Lexie

Taffy said...

I also enjoyed SEA!

taffy(dot)lovell@gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

My favorite YA contemporary novel will be "Leaving Paradise" by Simone Elkeles. *sighs* I cannot wait for the sequel.

Leaving Paradise feels such a realistic novel. One you get so many emotions while reading. As smiling, laughing, crying, shouting out loud and so many more. Simone is a genious! :D

Thanks for doing this giveaway, I'm DYING to read "Losing Faith". I can relate to the main topic of Denise's book, and can't wait for the release of the book. :)

Jessica said...

Recently my favorite was The DUFF. It was so good!!
I'm also a huge Simone Elkeles fan!