Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Soapsuds (TTT)

Welcome to another Time Travel Tuesday. I'm really excited about this (and upcoming) Tuedays.

You see last week I found this on Suzie (Super-Agent Extraordinaire) Townsend' website. The video is made of pure awesome. Since I'm an 80's child (81 Baby HOORAH!) I totally freaked at the use of the Doogie Howser theme. It sent me scuttling through the annals of youtube looking for others.

So, this whole month, I'll be bringing some of the theme songs that defined my childhood. I hope they bring back memories for you too.

We start of with the Soaps. Obviously, I wasn't really old enough to appreciate soap operas back then. (I wonder if I'm old enough yet-lol.) But the tv was always on, and I remember every second of the themes from these four.

First aired 11 days before my birth, Falcon Crest ran from 1981 to 1990



Dynasty ran from 1981 to 1989. The filthy rich were popular on tv in the 80's. Oh wait, that hasn't changed.



I remember Knot's Landing best, probably because it ran the latest. It was on from 1979 to 1993. It features some faces which should be familiar, like William Devane. This opening is from the 10th season. It's the one I remember best, but it doesn't show Alec Baldwin who came to recognition back in '84 on this show. You'll also notice Desperate Housewives' Nicolette Sheridan.



And last, but definitely not least. The biggest media stir caused by a soap in the 80's. Who shot JR? People you might recongise: Patrick Duffy was in Step by Step and Sheree Wilson was in Walker, Texas Ranger.



Hope you enjoy! :)

1 comment:

Christi Goddard said...

The old brunette lady on Falcon Crest used to scare me as a child.