Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Chicken and the Egg- MoMM

We all know about the chicken and egg dilemma. Which came first: the chicken and the egg. Eggs come from chickens and chickens come from eggs... The actual chicken and egg are a non-issue for me. I believe God made chickens and that's where eggs came from. Even those who are non-believers, would probably think that the chicken came first. Just because babies need mommies to take care of them.

In life, we're often faced with real chicken-and-egg dilemmas. I remember in school hearing my cousins and friends who were a little older than me talk about the situation they were facing, where they needed experience to get a job, but needed a job to get experience.

Over the last few months, I've decided that I want to do my Masters in Writing. And now I find myself in a tight spot. I didn't do Writing or even English as my undergraduate degree, and the programs all want references from accomplished writers. The only way I would have access to accomplished writers/editors/publishers, would be if I was already in the industry or a program! ACK!

Chicken or egg- something HAS to come first!

That's what's on my mind this Monday.

No comments: