Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WaW- Starting the year off Right!

Well, all my writing world friends seem to be starting the year off with a bang.

Nathan Bradsford, Agent/blogger extraordinaire is running a contest to promote one of his client's books, "The Secret Year", which is being released this week. Much of the narrative is the diary of a dead teenager, and his challenge to us writer-cygnets is to write a diary entry 500 words or less, in a teenage voice.

Natalie Whipple, one of Nathan's client's and supercool author/artist/blogger is hosting her own contest. Write a story of 500 words or less about this picture.


(See what I meant about being an awesome artist?)

Marsha Sigman, aspriring author starts her year out with some tips from "Writing the Breakout Novel" by Donald Maas.

Me? I'm starting my writing year by adding the prologue to my last WIP and emailing to a friend for feedback. But before I do that I have to write entries for Natalie's and Nathan's contests. And then I have to write a poem to do at a Balck History month reading in Tokyo.

How are you guys starting your writing year?

No comments: